- Senior Interventional Cardiologist in Max Superspeciality Hospital, Vaishali from 2011 to date.
- Previously Chief of Cardiology and Director, Cardiac Cath Lab, Sarvodaya Hospital And Heart Centre, Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad from 2013 to 2015.
- Previously Unit head, Cardiology at Yashoda Superspeciality Hospital, Nehru Nagar and Yashoda Superspeciality Hospital, Kaushambi from 2011 to 2015.
- Previously Unit head, Cardiology at Narinder Mohan Hospital and Heart Centre, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad from 2007 to 2011.
- Successfully running 2 non interventional cardiac centres, Navjeevan Heart Centre and Navjeevan OPD, for all coronary problems, preventive cardiology, pacemaker clinic and fetal /pediatric clinic, Heart failure clinic, transplant clinic etc. Offers services like ECHO (2D/3D/Pediatric/DSE /TEE), TMT, HOLTER, Ambulatory BPM etc.
Till July 2018, I have done more than 10,000 angiographies and approximately 4100 angioplasties (coronary/peripheral/carotid), numerous pacemakers/CRT/ICD/COMBO implantations, numerous cath studies, balloon valvotomies, peripheral embolisations and several device implantations for ASD and PDA.
- Fellow of the American College Of Cardiology(ACC) since 2016.
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography And Intervention (SCAI) since 2015.
- Fellow of the European Society Of Cardiology (ESC) since 2014
- Cardiology faculty and co-guide for Medical postgraduate students (DNB medicine), Max Hospital.
- Faculty in national conferences like CSI, NIC, ICC, APVIC, UPDACON, INDIA LIVE in India and Nepal.
- Faculty in international Conferences on interventional Cardiology like ACC, ESC, TCT(USA), TCT-ASIA PACIFIC (S.Korea), Euro PCR (Spain & France), HEART FAILURE CONGRESS (Portugal),APVIC (Delhi), SINGAPORE LIVE (Singapore), Thailand, Malayasia, Dubai, Vietnam, Australia, Macau, China, Italy, Kazakhstan and several hands-on workshops on complex angioplasty, Rotablation, IVUS, OCT and pacemaker/device clinics.
- Case presenter in premier interventional cardiology conferences like Indialive, Asia Pacific Interventional Cardiology Conference, TCT India, CSI Delhi Branch and National Interventional Council meets.
- Trained hands-on with stalwarts of Interventional Cardiology like Dr. Antonio Colombo in his Cath Lab at Milan, Italy and in Cath labs of Japan.
- Founder President of the Ghaziabad Cardiology Forum, a superspeciality group of Cardiologists of Ghaziabad since 2015. I Intend to make it a society and form a regional (Ghaziabad) branch of the CSI.
- International speaker and mentor for Astra Zeneca, Abbot, Boehringer Ingelheim, Cipla, Pfizer, Sanofi, Zydus, Sun/Ranbaxy, Glaxo Smithkline, Novo Nordisk, Lupin, Merck/MSD, Novartis & Intas.
- Contributor in Indian Guidelines On hypertension 111, J Clin Prev Cardiol, 2013:2(3): 128-61, Vol 2, Jul 2013, Hypertension Society Of India.
- Nath G, Khanna A, Singh VP, Sundar S, Rai M. Spectrum Of Infections In Leukemia: A Tertiary Hospital Report.; Ind J Prev Soc Med 2003; 34(1&2):1-7. (Indexed in Ind Med)
- VP Singh, A Khanna et al. Non Hodgkins Lymphoma with Pure Red Cell Aplasia: J Assoc Physicians India 49,1123-1124.11, 2001.
- DES versus BMS in Diabetic Patients undergoing Elective PCI. S. Tyagi, V. Trehan, S. Mukhopadhyay, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005; 57,442.
- Non-Surgical Management of C. Tamponade caused by Temp. Pacemaker Lead. V. Trehan,V. Mehta, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005; 57: 476.
- Acquired Gerbode Defect – Successful Device Closure V. Trehan, S Ramakrishnan, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005; 57: 476.
- Transcatheter Closure of ASD with Amplatzer Septal Occluder: Follow-up Results S.Tyagi, V. Trehan, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005; 57:483.
- Duct Occluder – Deployment Difficulty due to Inadequate Shape Memory V.Trehan, A. Nigam, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005, 483.
- Transcatheter Closure of PmVSD by Amplatzer Devices:Follow-up Results V. Trehan, S. Mukhopadhyay, Asit Khanna et al.Indian Heart J 2005; 57: 485.
- Impaired Long Axis Dynamics of LV in HCM: Relationship with WT & LVOT Gradient V. Mehta, Asit Khanna et al Indian Heart J 2005;57:520.
- Mitral L Wave in Pts with HCMP: Marker of Advanced Diastolic Dysfunction V. Mehta, M. Sharma, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J 2005; 57: 532.
- N Acetyl Cysteine and Contrast induced Nephropathy in diabetic angioplasty pts. KD.Singh, R. Gupta, Asit Khanna et al, Indian Heart J, 2006,58:419.
- Evaluation of 2nd DES with reservoir based bioresorbable polymer. S. Tyagi, N. Bhamri, Asit Khanna et al. Indian Heart J, 2006:58:42
PAPER PRESENTATIONS and AWARDS
- Case presentation and faculty at INDIALIVE 2015
- Case presentation and faculty at NIC conference 2015
- CSI 2005 : Mitral L wave in HOCM : marker diastolic dysfunction (free paper )
- CSI 2006 : Percutaneous closure of RSOV ; GB Pant experience (free paper)
- CSI 2006 : Evaluation of 2nd DES with bioresorbable polymer.
- Winner of The Thapar Scholarship of 5000 Rs/yr for full duration of MBBS.
- Winner of All India Glaxo Wellcome- IJCP Essay competition on Hepatitis B in 2000.
- Indian Medical Association (Life Member)
- Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (Life Member)
- Cardiological Society Of India (Life Member)
- East Delhi Physicians Association (Life Member)
- Indian College Of Cardiology ( Life member)
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention (FSCAI)
- Fellow of the American College Of Cardiology(FACC)
- Fellow of the European Society Of Cardiology(FESC)
- American College Of Physicians (Life Member)
- International Society Of Endovascular Specialists (Life Member)
- Ghaziabad Cardiology Forum (Founder President & Life Member)
- Rotary Foundation, Ghaziabad.
- Ghaziabad Management Association(Life Member)
- Khatri Sabha, Ghaziabad
- Association Of Physicians Of India (Life Member)
MON/WED/FRI- 10:00 AM TO 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM TO 8:00 PM
TUE/SAT- 11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM TO 5:00 PM
SUN (2ND & 4TH)- 10:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
THUR- 10:00 AM TO 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM TO 5:00 PM